Scanning to SharePoint with Barcodes
I am seeing more and more creative barcode usage in “tagging” documents and driving them into the correct place in SharePoint. With the right capture solution, barcodes can be used to:
- Dynamically build the destination SharePoint URL for the site.
- Dynamically designate the SharePoint library.
- Build a custom filename and folder name based on barcode elements.
- Set content type, both on folder and document.
- Set document set information
- Populate metadata columns.
- Build the term store dynamically through managed metadata.
Now obviously you need an application that can facilitate the recognition process during scan to SharePoint processing. Below is an overview video of how the process can work.