Here are some great bullets from the latest AIIM Survey:
- The strongest driver for scanning and capture is improved searchability and knowledge sharing across thebusiness, followed by productivity improvements, reduced office costs and better customer service.
- 58% of SharePoint users are not storing scanned image files and only 9% are executing any workflow or BPMwith scanned images. File sizes and the ability to handle scanned image throughput are the biggest concerns.
- 39% of responding organizations reach positive payback on their investments in scanning, capture and BPMwithin 12 months, rising to 60% within 18 months. Automatic document classification shows a particularly highreturn for the 19% of respondents utilizing it.
- 60% of respondents have one or more capture and BPM systems. Of these, 39% have a single system in usefor all applications. Of those with multiple systems, 80% are looking to converge to a single system.
- Although respondents expressed a preference to source workflow and BPM as part of an ECM suite or as partof SharePoint, the decision maker for capture and BPM is likely to be a department or Line of Business head,compared to a Head of IT or Head of Compliance for the ECM system.